| Job Description: ||
• Successfully completed an accredited archaeological field school.
• Minimum seven years of experience in archaeological fieldwork and analysis with one year in a supervisory capacity.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of equipment, technology, and paperwork used in the recording and documenting of archaeological sites and artifacts.
• Experience in field surveying.
• Knowledgeable within assigned geographical areas.
• Valid Driver's License with a good driving record and the ability to travel and drive regularly.
• Lodging (single occupancy) and per diem is provided.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• May undergo drug screening if assigned client contract requires.
• The ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs.
• Must have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions - may be walking up to 10 miles per day.
• Must be able to conduct DIG and screen shovel tests.
• Must be able to accurately record data on field forms.
URS Corporation is looking for Archaeological Field Crew Chief for immediate employment in the Dallas, TX office for the upcoming 2013 field season involving Phase I, Phase II or Phase III archaeological field work. Initial field work will be based in Tulsa, OK.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in archaeology. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III fieldwork within the Southern portion of the United States.
• Conduct archaeological investigations
• Lead a small crew of junior field technicians
• Prepare field logs, correspondence and data/progress reports
• May instruct others in the use of equipment and technology used to perform work
• May work on high profile and/or high risk projects
• Schedule work and make individual or team work assignments
• Other duties as assigned
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.