| Job Description: ||
Responsible for the financial administration of multiple projects of varying sizes for various business lines and groups of project managers; is the Finance representative on the project team. The project accountant will work closely with the operations team over the complete life cycle of a project, including the bid preparation phase. Primary responsibilities align with the use of Oracle APIC as the selected management tools used to maintain and deliver projects within AECOM.
Duties & Responsibilites: May include but not limited to the following:
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Interface regularly with project manager and project delivery team.
- Assist Project Manager with project setup and closeout; Monitor projects for contract complianceInsure all incurred cost is reflected accurately and in a timely fashion on the project
- Monitor project performance and key indicators: support PM as required in understanding project performance
- Ensure that the financial impact of change orders are reflected correctly in APIC
- Monitor & analyze revenue to ensure proper revenue recognition methods used; be able to explain key project metrics and lead indicators.
- Assist project manager with the preparation and update of the EAC for all active projects; ensure that the current budget reflects original as-sold contract plus all client approved changes
- Participate in project review preparation, execution, and follow up as agreed with RPAM or PAM
- Support RFD and DFM group in monthly close activities as outlined by RPAM or PAM Assist in the preparation of the project risk analysis and RARs
- Work proactively over the month to clear project financial issues in APIC; such as % complete > 100%, BIEE adjustments, cash > contract value and others as outlined by RPAM or PAM.
- Support Project Management team in Oracle and APIC system understanding
- Follow up on month end events to ensure they are processed in APIC timely
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow on complex/risk based projects as required
- Perform project analysis and prepare reports upon request for management review
- Understand the commercial and billing requirements of the projects; ensure project set up accurately reflects proper billing requirements
- Support project pursuit teams in bid preparation as required
- Support project teams in financial analysis for AECOM approvals Internal and external audit support, when required
- Invoice select projects as agreed with RPAM or PAM
- Special projects and other duties as assigned