| Job Description: ||
URS Corporation (www.urs.com) intends to be the contractor of choice to provide PMATS support
services with aircrew operational training (pilots and operators) including initial qualification training, mission qualification training, and continuation training.
Bachelors degree and five (5) years of experience in writing, editing and managing technical documentation and operator/maintenance manuals for military systems and equipments. Knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is required. Must be able to conceptualize, format, structure, write, edit and finalize technical manuals, orders, specifications, modification work orders, and test plans, procedures and results. Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organization skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require travel.
Position requires the ability to qualify for and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
URS is seeking a Technical Writer to provide superior support services for the Predator
Mission Aircrew Training System (PMATS) in Las Vegas, Nevada. This opportunity is contingent upon award to URS of the Predator Mission Aircrew Training Systems (PMATS) contract, anticipated in March, 2013.
Plan, design, write, edit, proofread and finalize documents, technical manuals, orders, specifications, modification work orders, and test plans, procedures and results.
1. Interfaces with technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents such as specifications, manuals, reports, plans, training material and presentations.
2. Researches a variety of assigned topics and develop writing plans and outlines.
3. Assists in the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.).
4. Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies. Identifies and correct problem areas as they arise.
5. Provides quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
6. Participates regularly in department and company-wide proposal writing projects. May serve as proposal coordinator for large production efforts.
7. Utilizes appropriate computer software for document test production. Investigates and implement best ways to product documentation electronically.
8. Provides technical writing/editing support to other Company contracts when workloads permit.
9. Establishes and maintain electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).