| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
• 8+ years of professional experience with 3 years of Job performance at the Senior Criticality Safety Engineer level.
• Demonstrated experience with MCNP and/or SCALE codes.
• Qualified per ANSI/ANS 8.26 as Sr. Criticality Safety Engineer.
• Experience with:
Demonstrated DOE and/or commercial nuclear experience in performing criticality safety analytical and operational oversight tasks in accordance with ANSI 8 series of standards.
Develop nuclear criticality safety evaluations (NCSE) and supporting criticality calculations in accordance with DOE standards and guidelines.
Develop criticality safety strategies, specifying criticality safety structures, systems, and components (SSCs).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to affectively mentor junior level Criticality Safety Engineers.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Advanced degree in Nuclear Engineering.
• Active involvement with ANS Nuclear Criticality Safety Division or ANSI 8 standards development.
• Familiarity with criticality computing platform selection/maintenance and Software Quality Assurance.
• Demonstrated interaction at a senior level with DOE/DNFSB/NRC. A DOE Q clearance is desired, but only the ability to obtain one is required.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are available for this position.
URS-SMS LLC is seeking a Consulting Criticality Safety Engineer to be based in our Aiken, SC office.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE