Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
YMCA Camp Pendalouan. |
|Required Education:||No Formal Certificate|
YMCA Camp Pendalouan
Outdoor Education Job Description
Title: Outdoor Education Instructor
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
Summary Statement: An Instructor works as part of a team responsible for carrying out the Outdoor Education Program, including social, academic, and ethical development of students attending.
Program Summary: The Outdoor Education Program serves students from first through eighth (mainly fourth through sixth) grade in one to five day resident programs. The center operates every week from September through November and January through early June. Curriculum is varied and focuses on teamwork, social skills and fun. Activities center around group building, self-esteem development, ecological studies and local history. Outdoor Education is one of several programs at Pendalouan and the Muskegon Family YMCA, and cooperates within the association.
1. Must have experience working with children in an educational or recreational setting.
2. Possess the ability to relate to people of all ages, clearly communicate ideas, be able to handle conflicts that may arise among students and maintain a sense of humor.
3. Should possess a BA or BS in Education, Recreation, Environmental Studies or related field.
4. Must be open to new ideas and positive feedback.
1. Teaches curriculum in the areas of Natural Science, Group Building and Self-Esteem Development, and Cultural History. Instructor properly prepared for teaching.
2. Functions as part of a staff team to maintain and improve the Outdoor Education
program, being alert to new program opportunities and responsive to evaluations.
3. Leads afternoon recreational activities and evening programs as scheduled.
4. Responsible for facility and equipment upkeep on a daily basis. Maintain the center
facility for safety and cleanliness.
5. Maintain a safe, high quality standard program for children, teachers, and cabin leaders.
6. Provide a flexible program to adapt to the variety of needs and desires of the teachers and students from different schools.
7. Responsible for the rotated duties of a staff member.
8. Responsible for the continued development and improvement of the curriculum.
1. Weekly evaluations from teachers on class knowledge, presentation, and professionalism.
2. Will assist in writing new lesson plans and research all curriculum areas being taught.
3. Participates in weekly staff meetings.
4. Class equipment and facility are well cared for and kept clean, energy efficient, and orderly. Equipment needs and facility needs are communicated to supervisors in a timely manner.
5. Will perform the rotated duties of a staff member each week.
6. Will serve as part of other department activities when needed and assigned by director.
7. Functions as part of a staff team.
8. Abides within Personnel Policies and Housing Policy of YMCA Camp Pendalouan.
Salary: $240 per week
Meals provided when groups are in camp
Optional individual health insurance at a shared cost with the YMCA after 1 month of employment.
For further information contact:
Associate Executive Director
YMCA Camp Pendalouan
1243 Fruitvale Road
Montague MI 49437
(231) 894-4538 ext. 103
|Company Name:||YMCA Camp Pendalouan|