| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from a four year accredited college or university.
• 8+ years of experience in Process Engineering
• A thorough working knowledge is required of applicable codes and standards such as API 520 and 521 and piping codes B31.3, B31.4 and B31.8
• Knowledge of development of process engineering documents including Piping and Instrument Diagrams, Equipment Data Sheets, Instrument Data Sheets and Line Lists
• Working knowledge of developing process engineering calculations including hydraulics (single and two phase) and pressure relief
• Hands on experience with process simulation software such as HYSYS or ASPEN Plus
• Oil and Gas experience
• PE License
• AK Board approved Arctic Engineering Course
• Previous experience supervising groups of process engineers with an emphasis on FEED and detailed engineering projects.
• Experience with oil and gas gathering including flowline gathering system simulation with analysis of well productivity and reservoir decline
• Process experience with oil and gas projects on the North Slope of Alaska or other arctic regions
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you're equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It's why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets-oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We're a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Process Consulting Engineer to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
• Intermediate to advanced level of engineering understanding within a specific discipline.
• Provides support for proposals and understands the business development process.
• Familiar with discipline tools and understands company cornerstone applications.
• Familiar with the work sequence, general content and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services or construction within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations within a specific discipline.
• Understands the process of collecting data and information regarding technical and economic factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Has basic knowledge of discipline manpower loading.
• Performs material take off's for a specific discipline.
• Understands a discipline's material costs.
• Fully understands the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks.
• Understands the project change control process.
• Understands the discipline's equipment and material lists.
• Maintains positive working relationships with peer leaders.
• Builds productive relationships with organizations within and external to Engineering.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.