| Job Description: ||
• High School diploma or GED
• Minimum two years of experience in radio and phone communications
• Capable of lifting and carrying 50 pounds for 50 yards
• Good knowledge of Metropolitan Richmond Interstate and local roadways
• Computer literate; Windows-based application experience
• Scheduling flexibility
• Virginia Drivers License in good standing
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
NOTE: This position is designated as essential and, as such, all duties associated with this job are required during emergency situations which may include but are not limited to inclement weather, disaster response and emergency operations. VDOT/Contract Management will determine when essential positions are required. Valid driver's license is required. DMV records check by the Department is required. Criminal History Records Check and Fingerprint check is required.
• Provide incident management assistance, traffic control, and motorist assistance on assigned sector(s) of the Metropolitan Richmond Interstate highway system
• Effect appropriate removal of roadway debris
• Inspect, repair, re-supply, clean, and operate assigned vehicle in accordance with prescribed policies and standards
• Respond to dispatch calls as directed by the Transportation Operations Center Control Room
• Responsible for timeliness, completeness and accuracy of assigned administrative requirements
• Frequent communication via radio and telephone
• Provide appropriate situational/status reports to Transportation Operations Center Control Room personnel with respect to the nature and location of incidents, conditions, and response coordination
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and other applicable regulations.
• Perform necessary housekeeping duties to ensure clean and safe work area.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.