| Job Description: ||
Education: Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering
• Be an Engineer with excellent experience in the Rail Transit industry, with demonstrable experience of project management from an Electrical Engineering perspective.
• Have a minimum of 15 years of experience with new vehicle procurements and overhaul of light rail, heavy rail, commuter rail and/or streetcar transit projects.
• Must have experience working on large transit projects with substations, 3rd Rail and/or overhead Contact distribution systems.
• Possess knowledge and experience of the conduct of Electrical Engineering methods, processes and techniques as applied to complex rail transit projects.
• Possess a well-rounded understanding of all transit systems and vehicle systems to ensure successful integration through overall project design.
• Possess Knowledge of transit vehicle subsystems including lighting, auxiliary electric, propulsion, train control, communications, vehicle monitoring, event recorders, and other electrical systems.
• Knowledge of Engineering Design principles used in the design of transit vehicles.
• Knowledge of computer based 3rd rail designs and structural support systems. Possess Strong computer skills. Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional Engineering License preferred.
• This is a full time position with hours varying between 30 to 40 hours per week.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
With over 100 years experience in developing infrastructure facilities, Energy & Construction provides a broad portfolio of project delivery methods in the highways, rail and transit, and water resources markets. We are the only engineering and construction firm to operate rail systems and toll roads, and we have a strong resume of water supply, water storage, and hydroelectric projects. We are the only North American contractor, and one of only four globally, to offer mine life-cycle services—leveraging experience from more than 90 years in the global mining and mineral processing industry.
URS Corporation is seeking a Consulting Engineer to be based in our Houston, TX location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
• Assume accountability for all Electrical Engineering activities within projects to achieve successful engineering delivery of the final transit system.
• Lead, manage, and mentor junior engineers in the review of electrical elements of transit vehicle projects.
• Serve as project engineer and represent the client’s interests in developing and reviewing vehicle designs and CDRLs.
• Develop and review cost estimates and projections.
• Participate in project working meetings.
• Participate in and take a lead role during Design Reviews.
• Provide suggestions to create adjustments as necessary to keep project costs within budget and keep the schedule on time.
• Assure that projects use appropriate and adequate electrical engineering processes.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.