| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management OR demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Minimum six years of relevant Oil and Gas Pipeline experience.
• Diversified knowledge of construction principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The Process Engineering Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Construction Manager for immediate employment in the Houston office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Acts as URS Representative at the construction site and manages communications between clients, its subs and the URS office.
• Performs as a staff advisor and consultant as to technical specialty, a type of facility, industry, equipment or program function.
• Conducts peer reviews and makes technical presentations.
• Conducts value evaluations, determining alternative designs, materials and building techniques.
• Becomes involved in dispute resolution, contract interpretation, claims analysis, schedule analysis and cost damage analysis.
• May develop and evaluate project plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of moderate scope project.
• Reviews and approves scopes, budget and schedules for assignments.
• Tracks overall financial performance of task assignment. This will include coordinating with project manager to monitor sold time and work backlog on task.
• Makes decisions independently on problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
• Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
• Actively involved with clients and business development.
• Delegates work to, mentors, trains and supervises junior-level staff to complete assignments.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.