| Job Description: ||
• Must have obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from a 4 year accredited college or university or will obtain a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical from a 4 year accredited college or university prior to the start of this position.
• Less than 12 months of post graduation professional experience in instrumentation and controls
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident from an eligible country according to eCFR 810
• Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills
• Ability to obtain unescorted access to a nuclear power plant
• 3.5 GPA (please list GPA in profile)
• EIT Certification or registered to take in October 2012
• Coursework relating to the following:(please list courses in profile)
- Circuit design
- Control Theory
- Computer or digital related courses
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Previous internship with URS Corporation or other EPC company specific to nuclear power generation.
•Preference given to those attending or graduated from one of the following URS EC focus schools:
o Boise State University
o Brigham Young University - Idaho
o Brigham Young University
o Colorado School of Mines
o Colorado State University
o Drexel University
o New Jersey Institute of Technology
o Penn State University
o Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
o Rutgers New Brunswick
o Stevens Institute of Technology
o Texas A&M
o University of Alabama
o University of Colorado
o University of North Carolina
o University of South Carolina
o University of Tennessee
o University of Texas
o Virginia Military Institute
o Virginia Polytechnic Institute
•Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
•Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Project Services – Our Project Services group partners with Energy & Construction operating groups to execute projects by providing top-caliber, professional personnel trained to deliver projects with efficiency and certainty; anticipating and responding to project needs; deploying—with market-driven agility—well-integrated processes, systems and tools designed to enhance project efficiency; maintaining a market-competitive cost structure; and seamlessly integrating functions into cohesive project teams. Our services include engineering, project controls, quality, procurement, construction and others.
URS Corporation is seeking an I&C Engineer to be based in our Warrenville, IL office.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE