| Job Description: ||
o High School graduate or demonstrated equivalent.
o Extensive experience as an industrial or commercial HVAC Maintenance Technician.
o CT Journey Level license required, S-1 or S-2 preferable.
o EPA approved CFC certification.
o Previous, demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience.
o Knowledge and/or training in Building Management Systems and automation controls.
o Working knowledge of building energy management.
o HW boiler and chiller operation experience.
o A strong HVAC/mechanical/electrical aptitude and a desire to learn, understand and apply knowledge to gain improved operations efficiencies.
o Previous demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience.
o Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
o Able to read and understand repair manuals, specifications, drawings, and schematic diagrams.
o Able to analyze problems, to recommend solutions, and to initiate repairs.
o High attention to detail and excellent follow up skills.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Friendly, cooperative, customer service-minded attitude; team player.
o Must be self motivated with excellent time management skills.
o Able to work with little or no direction at times.
o Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
o Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
• Have the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
• Have the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
• Have the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
• Have the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
• Have the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Have the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Have the ability to walk extensively through out the plant for shift.
• Have the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Training or certification with Siemens-Apogee Workstation/Building Management System (BMS)
• CT State Contractor Level S-1, S-2 or F-1 license
• Associates Degree or equivalent trade school.
• Experience working in a Computerized Maintenance Management environment (EAMS, Maximo, SAP, etc.)
• Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Must be willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as needed
• Some travel may be required
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
URS Corporation has an excellent Site Facilities Maintenance Lead opportunity at our location in New Haven, Connecticut!
As the URS Site Facilities Maintenance Lead, the position will be responsible for the execution of repair and maintenance work orders and act as the URS liaison for our pharmaceutical client at the Clinical Research Unit located in downtown New Haven, CT. Responsibilities include providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, performing troubleshooting, and providing preventative maintenance on commercial HVAC, kitchen, mechanical, heating and chilled water equipment, overseeing the day to day operations of URS and subcontractor maintenance personnel performing preventive maintenance and repair work, training of subordinate staff, estimating support resource needs, assigning work orders, and meeting completion dates. In addition, you will provide continuous communication feedback pertaining to equipment service status to the client and URS on hot and cold calls and critical equipment while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
• As the “Site Lead”, be the primary contact for facilities maintenance issues and provide continuous communication back to the client with regard to systems status.
• Supervise URS and subcontractor Maintenance Workers to complete preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance work orders as scheduled in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Utilize the Siemens Apogee Building Management System (BMS) to track building conditions and operate facilities equipment.
• Under minimal supervision, analyze and resolve work problems, assist workers in solving work problems and, utilizing personal experience and judgment, plan and attain goals.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment, as necessary.
• Utilize Job Hazards Analysis (JHA) work management procedures to perform work in a safe and effective manner.
• Assist less experienced technicians with work assignments and coach as appropriate.
• Create, review and modify PM procedures and schedules for equipment.
• Participate in the Reliability Based Maintenance (RBM) program to include recommending measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
• Assure that all work and regulatory inspections are in compliance to local, state and federal codes, regulations and industry standards.
• Comply with and enforce URS and client company policies and safety practices, procedures and guidelines such as job hazard analysis, lockout/tagout, and the use of PPE.
• Operate various measuring, diagnostic and testing tools, instruments and software to perform troubleshooting, work completion and to provide energy efficiency solutions.
• Maintain a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment.
• Be flexible in the day-to-day activities and shift scheduling for the benefit of the customer’s mission.
• Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
• Respond to emergency calls (phone or in person) during off-hours and determine resources needed to mitigate problem (URS or subcontractor)
• Perform other duties as assigned by the URS Program Manager or Facilities Maintenance Supervisor.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.