Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Earth Tech Inc.. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
Position: Senior On-farm Water Management Advisor/Specialist
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Assignment: Long Term Technical Assistance
The Senior On-farm Water Management Advisor/Specialist candidate shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
Masters degree or higher in agriculture and irrigation, soil & water resources, agricultural engineering (notably irrigation) or management, or related field;
1. At least 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in technical evaluation of existing on-farm water management and the development of revised on-farm water management practices.
2. Experience with the preparation and implementation of training programs, training materials of high quality;
3. Demonstrated experience with host-government, private sector partners, Farmer’s associations and WUA’s in planning, evaluating and coordinating agriculture and agricultural on-farm water resources management programs.
4. Experience with dry land crop-water management and on-farm water management, BMP systems and design for rain-fed and/or irrigated field conditions (notably surface irrigation through conveyance channels and/or irrigation wells).
5. Prior experience as an agricultural-water management technical leader for projects with similar agro-ecological conditions and complexity as in Afghanistan.
1. At least 5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience.
2. Direct supervision of a diverse team of professional and support staff, including local subcontractors.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate staff to be accountable for program outcomes.
1. Professional fluency in English in speaking, reading, and writing required. Dari or Pashto proficiency is desirable.
2. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to interact regularly and professionally with senior host-government counterparts on strategic planning and implementation issues.
4. Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines.
5. Demonstrated ethical management approach.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.