Show me jobs like this one
Earth Tech Inc.. |
|State/Province:||US - Afghanistan|
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
Position: Agronomist / Rainfed Conservation Agriculture / Green Water Management Specialist
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Assignment: Long Term Technical Assistance
The Agronomist / Rainfed Conservation Agriculture / Green Water Management Specialist candidate shall meet the following minimum qualifications:
Masters degree or higher in agronomy, agricultural science, agroforestry, agricultural extension, soil-crop science, or related field;
1. At least 5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in managing and implementing large donor-funded agriculture and/or agricultural water management programs.
2. Experience with dry land crop production and water management systems and design for very small (< 0.5 ha) to large scale farms.
3. Demonstrated experience with host-government, private sector partners, Farmer’s associations and cooperatives in planning, evaluating and coordinating agriculture and crop & water resources management programs.
4. Demonstrated expertise in agricultural production, green water strategies, dry land and/or irrigated agriculture, crop-water resources management in agriculture, agronomy or extension.
5. Prior experience as a Task Leader for projects with similar agro-ecological conditions and complexity as in Afghanistan.
6. Experience working with a range of stakeholders, from high-level government officials to small farmers.
7. Experience designing and managing quality assurance and quality control activities.
1. At least 5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience, including:
2. Direct supervision of a diverse team of professional staff including local subcontractor staff.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate staff to be accountable for program outcomes.
1. Professional fluency in English in speaking, reading, and writing required. Dari or Pashto proficiency is desirable.
2. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to interact regularly and professionally with senior host-government counterparts on policy and other strategic planning issues.
4. Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines.
5. Demonstrated ethical management approach.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.