| Job Description: ||
• Minimum BS in Environmental Engineering or related engineering field
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
• Introductory or in-depth knowledge of regulatory framework and regulatory research
• Experience working within environmental/health and safety management systems; compliance audits; execution and delivery of projects to varied clients' satisfaction
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Professional certification or ability to obtain certification, such as EIT/PE, CHMM, and/or CPEA, will be required
• Valid driver's license required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The IE of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented engineering professional for immediate employment in the Atlanta office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in environmental, health and safety compliance. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including development of Environmental, Health and Safety documents for industrial clients, engineering related to compliance, and compliance auditing.
• Inspect industrial and municipal facilities and programs to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with environmental regulations
• Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation and recommendation reports
• Obtain and maintain plans, permits and standard operating procedures
• Responsible for project management of EHS Compliance programs
• Business development with industrial clients
• Work with industry clients and URS Project Managers, and prepare regulatory compliance documents such as permit applications, plans, and reports
• Perform audits of facilities and develop environmental, health & safety compliance programs to meet federal and state regulatory requirements
• Report writing, spreadsheet development and data evaluation, detailed field observations and documentation, client communications and ability to monitor and track budgets, invoice clients and meet deadlines
• Client interaction, project development, staff management, execution of environmental and other technical projects, business development / proposal preparation
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.