| Job Description: ||
• Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school
• Ten (10) years related experience and/or training
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must maintain a valid state driver license and be qualified to operate government general-purpose vehicles.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Active TS/SCI clearance per contract requirements
• Master Electricians License preferred
URS Corporation, in Columbia MD is looking for an Electrician.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
• Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
• Inventory, assist with packing, loading of materials bound for project sites.
• Work with crew members when activities require additional manpower outside of mechanical trade
• Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
• Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.