| Job Description: ||
• Minimum Bachelors of Engineering degree or related field: Business, Marketing or Law
• Minimum 10 years of progressive engineering, marketing / business development experience
• Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
• Experience working with large municipal water and sewer agencies
• Design or construction experience with large diameter conveyance systems
• Design or construction experience with pump station repairs, rehabilitation, and replacements
• Design or construction experience for wastewater or water treatment plant upgrades treatment capacity greater than 100 MGD
• Ability to engage with senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for a specific effort
• Valid driver's license required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented water business line leader for immediate employment in the Miami office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate a career leading projects as well as business development efforts for architectural and engineering firms specifically in the water and wastewater field. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects across multiple client sectors. The incumbent can look forward to a variety of projects with public sector, private and federal clients. URS supports employee's career growth thru internal learning opportunities as well as reimbursement for continuing education and licensure activities.
• Develops plans to achieve growth and financial profitability via acquisitions, mergers, and/or divestitures
• Oversees and participates in development and research activities involving building on the Company's strengths, identifying potential new markets and business opportunities, increasing share of market, and obtaining a competitive position in the industry
• Works with Operations and Business Lines to proactively identify emerging industry needs, new prospective business and tracks opportunities to expand and diversify services to clients
• Administers the Company's strategic plans via subordinate personnel
• Brings the right people together to develop new business
• Meets with potential clients and build relationships with new and existing clients
• May be key participant in the strategic planning process in identifying and pursuing clients and projects, managing clients' concerns and key issues, and developing win strategies
• Confers with department staff and reviews activity and operating reports
• Aligns Business Development pursuits with sales goals
• Track wins against sales goals
• May recommend strategic hires that will assist unit in winning more work or expands services into areas not currently served
• May contribute to "must win" proposal efforts for his/her office, region, or business.
• May provide support for the internal project approval process
• Responsible for the business development activities in the office or small region
• Frequently consulted by other peers or offices as an expert, with a high degree of reliance placed on his/her industry knowledge and advice
• Interfaces with Regional Managers
• May target clients with a small or local geographic footprint
• May oversee and manage marketing or business development support staff
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.