| Job Description: ||
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, or geological engineering
• Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) required
• Minimum 5 years of experience in managing large projects including: dams, levees and/or solid waste landfill design/remediation and at least 5 years of experience managing staff
• Extensive experience in hard rock geology and karst
• Strong computer skills particularly Excel
• Strong technical writing skills
• Valid driver's license required
• Must obtain negative result on drug screen performed in accordance with URS drug testing policy
• This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of the URS
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The IE Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented project manager for immediate employment in the Chattanooga, TN office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in a diverse mix of projects including solid waste, environmental investigations and dams. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including geotechnical investigations and analysis, landfill siting and hydrogeologic investigations.
• Plan and execute hydrogeologic and geotechnical investigations
• Perform project management tasks including weekly client reports, weekly budget and schedule updates
• Provide technical leadership and mentor junior staff
• Identify and pursue opportunities to grow the Chattanooga office
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.