Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Industries:||Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure|
Requisition ID: |
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for field construction operations within assigned discipline or area.
2. Determines workforce requirements. Coordinates established area operational plans. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft. Monitors work activities and ensures the quality of work performed.
3. Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
4. Approves craft time records using established automated tools.
5. Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
6. Monitors tool usage on the site. Prepares Field Material Requisitions for tools and consumables and ensures that the crafts have the tools they require to be productive.
7. Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
8. Responsible for the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
9. Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas and clients' resident representatives, as instructed by construction management.
10. Performs employee reviews and identifies training and development opportunities for subordinate personnel.
11. Ensures that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
12. Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision making in the execution of duties.
• Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation.
• Knowledge of Bechtel's Zero Accident Philosophy.
• Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
• Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
• Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
• Knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs).
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
• Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
• Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
• Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors and/or Direct Hire workforce.
Knowledge is normally acquired through:
• A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or
• Specialized courses in construction technology and management, and/or
• Prior practical work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).