| Job Description: ||
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and at least 7 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Excellent communications and analytical skills; demonstrated working knowledge and extensive experience of several programming languages (i.e., C, C++, FORTRAN, COBOL, ADA, SYBASE, etc.), computer systems, hardware configurations and integrated software application programs. Position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Participate in the requirement definition, design, development, testing, and documentation of computer software. Analyze program output, code, and documentation for correctness and consistency and provide recommendations for improvements.
1. Lead team in development or analysis of large scale software projects, usually involving scientific applications.
2. Prepare software requirements, design, code, or documentation.
3. Develop plans for detailed analysis of computer program code, documentation, and output to insure validity, consistency, and conformance to applicable standards.
4. Design and execute computer program test cases, analyze output for validity, and prepare written reports documenting results.
5. Supervise, train and evaluate junior level personnel.
6. Direct on-site customer interface for software installation, testing, systems integration, programming, debugging and other computer system tasks as needed.
7. Maintain and establish a filing system for tracking and inventory control of hardware and software vendors for system upgrades and maintenance.
8. Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures.
9. Provide informal training in implementing software programs based on user requirements.
10. Maintain liaison with outside hardware and software vendors for system upgrades and maintenance.
11. Develop, write, and submit technical reports for technical presentations and meetings.
12. May provide support in the development of technical proposal and provide input on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work
13. Perform evaluations in the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of complex programs or systems.
14. May provide technical management and leadership to a group of employees for a given project, contract or job with overall responsibility for cost, schedule, technical and employee performance.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.