| Job Description: ||
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
o Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate engineering or environmental discipline from a four-year accredited college or university.
o 12+ years total project management and engineering experience, with at least 3 years of this experience in a supervisory capacity.
o Must have thorough understanding of EVMS concepts and reporting
o Oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
o Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
o Position will require moderate to extensive travel, both CONUS and OCONUS.
• Ability and desire to relocate overseas on a 30 days’ notice
• Previous international PM experience
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
May be exposed to outdoor environment with exposure to weather; walking on uneven ground; lifting; carrying; griping; constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents; constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness; must possess planning/organizing skills; must use required personal protective equipment; and must be able to work under deadlines. Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position will require moderate to extensive travel, both CONUS and OCONUS.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
URS Corporation is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their growing team supporting the Federal Services Division. The initial work location would be in Manassas, VA with a training period in Cleveland, OH. This position will require moderate to extensive travel, both CONUS and OCONUS, sometimes on very short notice; initial projects to be supported will include WMDPPP Georgia, WMDPPP Moldova, and BTRIC. The position could require relocation overseas, to a country in the former Soviet Union (FSU), Asia, Africa, or the Middle East. The ideal candidate will have previous DTRA CTRIC and/or BTRIC experience, and international experience (as an expat living abroad) of at least two years.
1. Identifies and ensures compliance with regulatory, licensing and state requirements.
2. Plans in advance and establishes overall design basis reflecting customer requirements and good engineering and design practices.
3. Prepares and issues Project Execution Plans (PXPs), and ensures all necessary and appropriate customer requirements, procedures and standards are incorporated.
4. Develops plan to support procurement of all engineered items to be purchased for project in conjunction with the Project Materials Manager.
5. Works with Materials Management and Construction to develop subcontract and work package descriptions that are consistent with the contracting plan for the project.
6. Coordinates development of work-hour estimates and transfers information to Project Controls for preparation of engineering cost estimate.
7. Schedules and coordinates meetings between Project Management, Project Engineering, the customer and other outside groups.
8. Keeps Senior Program Leadership, Manager of Engineering, Chief Discipline Engineers, Principal Engineers and/or Supervising Discipline Engineers advised of project progress, performance and manpower utilization with particular attention to delays, adverse trends, errors and omissions.
9. Assures proper documentation of meetings, agreements, conversations, etc. that affect the conduct of the project.
10. Makes arrangements for staffing of projects with qualified personnel.
11. Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.