| Job Description: ||
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
1. Four year trade school or demonstrated equivalent.
2. 8 years experience supporting day-to-day operations as a HVACR Technician troubleshooting and repairing components in an industrial, commercial or facilities environment and journey level license.
3. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Associates or trade school
2. 5 years experience with electrical high voltage (480 volt 3 phase)
3. 5 years experience using electrical test instruments (meters, meggers, and scopes)
4. 5 years experience with Building Automation Systems.
5. 8 years experience with DX Split Systems
6. 5 years experience troubleshooting and repairing VFD’s.
7. 8 years experience troubleshooting air handling units, chiller, air dryer, and compressor failures.
8. 8 years experience reading and understanding electrical, piping and HVAC building schematics and diagrams.
9. 8 years experience reading and understanding electrical schematics.
This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
All Positions with URS will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
All Positions with URS may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
•Have the ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs.
•Have the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
•Have the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
•Have the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
•Have the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
•Have the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
•Have the ability to walk extensively through out the plant for shift.
•Have the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
•Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Note: No relocation available.
URS has a 1st shift HVAC/R Lead Technician IV position available at our client’s location in Oak Creek, WI.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, performing preventative/corrective/predictive maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment. Must be self motivated. Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment such as VAV ducts and controls, pumps, fans, chillers (2 – 100 tons and café style), rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, variable frequency drives, etc. Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required for changing fans, bearings, shafts, and motors. Ability to safely work with 3 phase 480v power is a must and includes the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical issues in an industrial environment. This position may require 24/7 emergency support.
At URS, we specialize, in part, in facilities management and maintenance for industrial, manufacturing, distribution and commercial sites worldwide. When you work for URS, you join 45,000 employees providing world class technical services to our customers. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off and 401k plan with 5% match, etc. – and your benefits start the same day you do.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.