| Job Description: ||
• Education: Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline or the sciences from a four year accredited college or university.
• Experience: 7+ years of professional piping engineering experience is required.
• Additional experience with pipe support analysis is also beneficial.
• Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years' experience working in a commercial nuclear facility.
• Candidates must have experience working with nuclear pipe stress calculations.
• Candidates must be willing to work on a specific site location, with travel to the URS office in Fort Mill, SC as requested.
• Experience with Bentley Autopipe is preferred.
• Professional Engineering License preferred.
• Previous experience working as a liaison between home office engineering personnel and site engineering personnel is preferred.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation and per diem support are not available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you're equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It's why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Project Services - Our Project Services group partners with Energy & Construction operating groups to execute projects by providing top-caliber, professional personnel trained to deliver projects with efficiency and certainty; anticipating and responding to project needs; deploying-with market-driven agility-well-integrated processes, systems and tools designed to enhance project efficiency; maintaining a market-competitive cost structure; and seamlessly integrating functions into cohesive project teams. Our services include engineering, project controls, quality, procurement, construction and others.
URS Corporation is seeking a Pipe Stress Engineer to be based at our Harris project in our Raleigh, NC field location.
Level Specific Responsibilities:
• Under minimal direction, completes engineering assignments of advanced complexity. Comprehensive understanding of a specific discipline and has basic understanding of other disciplines.
• May provide technical guidance to a modest sized group of engineers, designers, and specialists.
• Fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope with a specific discipline.
• Fully versed in the methods of business development and able to lead the preparation of proposals.
• Fully versed with codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
• Fully versed with and can check and review the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations as well as the approval, revision, retention, and storage of calculations with a specific discipline.
• Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools.
• Can oversee the review and checking of construction and vendor drawings.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Understands the external factors that impact specific engineering problems.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Reviews and advises on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
• Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor it to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Leads estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline's material costs and of cost analysis and forecasting.
• Fully understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE