| Job Description: ||
Bachelor's degree or equivalent training/experience
• TS Clearance
• Five (5) years of diverse management experience;
• Management or Engineering degree or a PMP is a plus
• Microsoft Project
• Composition / Writing
• Ability to compose formal correspondence to Client and vendors
• Oral Communication
• Good oral communication capabilities to convey ideas and thoughts to the Client and personnel
**Only those with active TS clearances will be considered per contract requirements**
URS Corporation is looking for a Construction Site Manager to join their growing team in Columbia, MD. This CM would support OCONUS and CONUS activities, with the possibilities of deployments lasting 3 to 6 months at a time.
Project Assignments - CONUS and OCONUS
• Deploy to CONUS and OCONUS assignments to perform Construction Management of build and design / build projects.
• Conduct and control on-site safety, through site walks, safety meetings, coordination with Client, and maintaining a safety culture in conformance with URS Corporate, federal and state requirements.
• Coordinate with Home office located in Columbia, MD providing input on safety, quality, client requirements, schedule, material deliveries, personnel and site security, subcontractor performance, change notices, and general requirements need to meet the goals of the project.
• Coordinate with the On-site Client representative to communicate the requirements and information as they apply to:
o Outages / Site Impacts
o Startup / Commissioning
o Design Changes / Impacts
o Change Notices
• Provide direction and coordination to the local subcontractor's responsible for execution of the project.
• Provide direction, oversight and coordination of the direct-hire Cleared American Craftsmen in the demolition and installation aspects of a secure area of work.
• Maintain a quality program on the site in conformance with the project and URS Corporate requirements. Complete and maintain quality records during the full course of the project for all disciplines.
• Coordinate and implement commissioning plans, in conjunction with Client requirements.
• Provide clear and concise correspondence on daily activities and progress to the Home Office and Client.
• Monitor and maintain the project schedule, and as required recommend, discuss and implement schedule corrections as required to meet to the project goals.
o Coordinate and assist with proposal preparation of build and design/build Requests for Proposal (RFP).
o Review and approve material and equipment take-offs prepared by discipline trades personnel.
o Review RFP and prepare construction plan to include staffing, schedule, special considerations and execution of the project.
o Prepare Logistic plan for shipment of materials and equipment to CONUS and OCONUS projects.
o Prepare technical narratives to support a range of needs and requirements.
o Identify and secure direct hire craft requirements for OCONUS and CONUS projects.
o Prepare safety and quality documents required for RFP submissions.
• Construction Department
o Assist with daily construction operations within the Construction Department
o Support and assist with the safety and quality programs within the Columbia Program Office
o Support and assist Director, Construction with the growth and development of construction staff personnel through training and development.
o Coordinate personnel within the Construction Department to assure correct assignment is matched with skill sets.
o Identify cleared trades personnel, with clearances, to support the project and staff positions that become available.
o Research and identify construction opportunities within the cleared arena.
o Deploy to site surveys to evaluate and obtain information in support of bid opportunities.