| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor’s degree in geography, planning, engineering, computer science or related field, or demonstrated equivalent ability and/or experience.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work.
• Strong working knowledge of ArcGIS10 and extensions.
• Strong skills using Esri ArcGIS 10 and extensions including 3D and Spatial Analysts
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and TextPad
• Strong understanding of spatial coordinate systems and datum transformations
• Comfortable with spatial-data manipulation and file-format conversion
• Adept with managing file and personal geodatabases
• Professional knowledge of AutoCAD is highly desired
• Ability to work independently, to interact with and direct others, and to communicate in a professional and timely manner is essential
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
• Support of continuous improvement of the team’s processes
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The GIS Analyst will be tasked with supporting the GIS and Survey Teams in developing cartographic deliverables and geodatabase management in the URS Oakland and Pleasant Hill offices under the direction of the GIS Manager. The position requires an individual who is proficient in the use of Esri ArcGIS products in addition to workflow management. Applicant must possess aptitude and interest in team building to further develop GIS capabilities. This position requires independent and discretionary judgment.
As an integral part of a multidisciplinary project team, the GIS Analyst will assist with the execution of demanding GIS tasks in support of the Survey Team.
• Work closely with Survey Team to create survey-grade spatial data for client delivery
• Ensure geodetic accuracy on maps
• Adhere to GIS best practices
• Data manipulation and quality control of final GIS deliverable products
Geospatial Data Management
• Create and manage geodata according to standard requirements
• Data loading, manipulation, and attribution
• Importing, exporting, and conversion
• Quality assurance checks for final GIS deliverables
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.