Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|City:||San Jose, CA|
Are you ready to change the future? You have the opportunity to join the company that helped establish solar markets around the world and continues to innovate in the renewable energy space. SunPower has facilities in the US, Europe and Asia, and we are seeking talented people to join us in building a clean energy future.|
Widely recognized as the world’s standard for solar, SunPower produces the world’s highest efficiency solar products. Our quality and reliability standards far exceed those of any other company in the industry.
SunPower and Total, the global energy producer and provider, have announced a transformational investment by Total in SunPower. The companies have signed a set of strategic agreements to accelerate SunPower’s growth in the increasingly competitive solar sector. Total’s investment is based on SunPower’s leading position in designing, manufacturing and delivering the world’s highest efficiency, highest reliability solar systems with guaranteed performance. These agreements will accelerate SunPower’s growth and further improve its financial strength.
SunPower is committed to the success of our company, our employees and the communities around the world that need us most. We support our employees’ commitment to their communities through a culture of volunteerism, and through The SunPower Foundation, which makes grants to green initiatives throughout the world. As a company, we operate with the highest sustainability standards.
In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
This position includes primary responsibility for all enterprise wide and global technical accounting research within SunPower Corporation. The position will research, analyze and assist in ensuring implementation of new GAAP accounting standards and manage numerous special projects. This is a highly visible position within the Corporate Accounting team with an excellent career path reporting to the Controller, Technical Accounting and responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Performs research, determines financial reporting and disclosure impact, ensures timely adoption, and prepares technical memos to support the Company's accounting treatment of newly issued accounting pronouncements.
2. Owns or reviews the calculation of stock compensation expense and FX derivative income/loss, including related disclosures.
3. Interacts directly with business unit controllers and presents findings to senior level management.
4. Contributes to presentations for the Audit Committee, as appropriate.
5. Manages and/or contributes to various department and organizational special projects as assigned, including collaboration with the External & Financial Reporting Manager on US SEC filings and with the IFRS Reporting Manager with regard to IFRS reporting to Total.
6. Responsible for ensuring accounting policies & procedures are published and available to the finance and accounting organization. Teams with the functional leads in ensuring the policies and procedures are implemented and updated. Conducts training of policies and procedures to the world-wide accounting organization as needed.
7. Build a strong cross-functional peer group bond within the global finance group, internal audit and operations to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or equivalent MBA plus a US CPA Type “A” Designation. Other out of country designations may be considered.
• 5-8 years of solid public company financial reporting or related experience.
• Must possess strong knowledge of SEC rules and regulations and U.S. accounting principles.
• Ability to convey simple to complex financial information to individuals and groups.
• Act as an advisor on accounting issues to management, initiate work as a self-starter, learn quickly, work independently and motivate others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects are critical.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to both lead and participate in change.
• Demonstrated ability to interface and collaborate and work with all major functional leaders of the Company.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
• Strong analytical skills, detail oriented.
• Experience which includes any or all of the following is a plus for this position:
• Big 4 (strong preference)
• A mix of both public accounting and industry experience
• Solar industry or large manufacturing technology company
• Knowledge of ASC 718, 815, 605, 605-35, 420, 805 and 840
• Oracle 12 knowledge
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is SunPower’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. SunPower disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.