Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Tesla Motors. |
|City:||Palo Alto-Deer Creek|
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
As a System Software Test Engineer, you'll help debug, troubleshoot, and validate the software platform that runs the interactive displays in Tesla vehicles — especially the 17" touchscreen system featured in the upcoming Model S. You will contribute Test strategies and designs to emulate vehicle subsystem behavior and validate in-car applications.
Our ideal candidate enjoys — and is proficient in hunting down tricky software bugs and ensuring they're gone once fixed.
· Crafting test designs and executing test plans for complex, non-deterministic system software
· Develops test scripts to simulate vehicle behavior to provide functional coverage of in-car applications
· Perform manual testing and craft automated script-based tests
· Works closely with software and hardware engineers to identify and fix problems
· Reads through code, configuration files, and scripts as needed to help debug and reproduce bugs
· Analyze and benchmark system and application performance
· Use performance and debugging tools such as: gdb, top, perfHUD
· Experience with developing products on Embedded Linux
· Familiarity and proficiency with Linux and standard Linux tools such as bash, ssh, gdb, top, etc.
· Strong skills with Bash scripting
· Experience testing system software and interfaces to peripherals
· Excellent judgment about the boundaries and symptoms of software vs. hardware problems
· Familiarity and experience with flash memory file systems
· Networking expertise and familiarity with: 3G connectivity, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
· Ability to develop and debug C++ code
· Experience testing user-facing applications
· Experience with high performance graphics/OpenGL software
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.