Show me jobs like this one
Requisition ID: |
The Project IT Lead will oversee the implementation of automation strategies for theOffshore Groupprojects in the Houston office. Duties will include participation on the Project Management Team with responsibility to implement automation solutions for global project execution. The assignment will include the development and implementation of a comprehensive automation plan that will thoroughly articulate the approach to project automation The Project IT Lead will be responsive to and support specific client information management requirements and will be responsible to perform the following: coordinate the definition and delivery of integrated EPC system solutions cross-functionally; manage automation cost on the project including coordination of commercial issues; coordinate system integration and data interface issues with subcontractors and suppliers; implement necessary information security measures; implement project network connectivity; implement project automation infrastructure; ensure that automation standards are properly implemented; coordinate functional training for project applications; and ensure that appropriate change management procedures are implemented and enforced.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience required
• Documentum: Intermediate level
• Info works: Intermediate level
• Microsoft Word: Advanced level
• Microsoft Excel: Advanced level
• Microsoft PowerPoint: Advanced level
• Microsoft Outlook: Advanced level
• Advanced in-depth knowledge of the proposal, implementation, execution, and closeout phases of Engineering, Procurement and Construction projects.
• Advanced in-depth experience in providing information systems services in one or more of the following areas: computer applications development/support, systems software development/support, computer operations support, project automation support, and data communication and/or production services in local and remote environments.
• Exhibit advanced level project and strategic management leadership skills; understand, explain and present complex technical ideas to non-technical audiences; analyze and explain the risks involved in using or not using IT solutions to business problems.
• Experienced with non-routine work involving formulation of strategy, planning and effective implementation.
• A high degree of capability in understanding and communicating the potential impact of emerging technologies on organizations and individuals who use IT products and services.
• Experience with work process improvement, application integration, and the implementation of continuous improvement techniques.
• Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities in an uncertain work environment.
• Demonstrated risk analysis and decision making skills.
• Exhibits a thorough understanding of the IS&T value proposition, products and services, as they relate to business delivery and project execution.
• Understands Bechtel project business models and execution approach.
• Understands supply chain and contract management.
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple assignments.
• Understands the Bechtel IS&T global organization structure.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).