Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Earth Tech Inc.. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
Air Emissions Inventory Specialist
AECOM is seeking a qualified atmospheric scientist to assist with the development of regional emissions inventories for photochemical grid modeling from its facility in Fort Collins, Colorado. Responsibilities include collaborating with team members to develop and implement emissions calculation methodologies appropriate for the source category, conduct quality assurance protocols, and document methods and results. Development of suitable emissions estimates may include the use of the following models and tools: SMOKE, MOVES, NONROAD, BEIS, MEGAN, CONCEPT, etc. A qualified candidate will be able to clearly document input data, processing steps, Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures, and resulting emissions totals. In addition, the selected candidate will assist with the interpretation of how the emissions, and associated assumptions, influence the results of the air quality models. Qualified candidates must have excellent attention to detail, proficient oral and written communication skills, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
· Comprehensive understanding of atmospheric chemistry principles.
· Previous experience preparing emissions inventories or running emissions models, such as SMOKE, MOVES, MEGAN, or similar models.
· Previous experience running air quality models such as CMAQ, CAMx, CALPUFF, GEOS-Chem or similar model.
· Familiar with programming languages such as FORTRAN, C/C++, Visual Basic, or Perl, and scripting languages such as C Shell, Bash, Python, or awk.
· Familiarity with visualization software, ArcGIS/ArcMAP, R for statistical computing, or databases such as MS Access or PostGreSQL is a plus.
· Knowledge of air quality regulations such as the Clean Air Act or National Environmental Policy Act.What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.