| Job Description: ||
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + five (5) years specialized experience.
Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + ten (10) years experience of which at least eight (8) years must be specialized.
AA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + twelve (12) years experience of which at least eleven (11) years must be specialized.
Relevant military training or one and one-half (1½) years of relevant military experience + an additional twelve (12) years experience of which at least eleven (11) years must be specialized.
Training certificate(s) from an accredited training program + twelve (12) years experience of which at least eleven (11) years must be specialized. Approved training programs include, but are not limited to, Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, DEC, Marconi, Nortel, and SUN Microsystems certificate programs.
Fifteen (15) years experience of which at least fourteen (14) years must be specialized.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Preferred experience and skills for qualified candidates:
• Experience deploying and administering Oracle database systems
• Experience with installation and administering Oracle Application Server 10g/11g.
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems at a systems administration level
• Knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g, including the ability to install and configure this product
• Understanding of networking topology
• Requires ability to work with multiple members of a project/application team
Additional Experience and Skills:
• Experience with Oracle backup and disaster recovery techniques (Data Guard, RMAN)
• The position requires good problem-solving skills and strong verbal and written skills
• The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience with Oracle database management; database and system level configuration tasks, as well as knowledge of Oracle backup methodologies.
URS has an opening for a Senior Oracle Administrator in Fort Meade in Maryland!
We are looking for an Oracle Database Administrator / Oracle Application Server Administrator with database management and administration skills, experience installing and configuring Oracle Database, Oracle Application Server and related tools experience to work as part of a software development team in support of the DISA DISN Video Services division.
The team is currently working on the development and integration of hardware for a web based scheduler application that enables DOD personnel worldwide to schedule Video Teleconferences on a new IP based Video Teleconferencing system.
The application uses Oracle 10g/11g based products.
The work is performed in the DISA Video Lab on Ft Meade. MD.
Normal work hours are M-F 8-5.
Some weekend work may be required based upon the government’s requirements for milestones, testing, and application upgrades
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).