Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Requisition ID: |
JOB TITLE: ELECTRICAL DESIGNER
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Prepares 2-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) plant layouts and study drawings from which detailed design 3-D CAD models and/or construction drawings are completed.
2. Prepares portions of 3-D CAD design model under the supervision of experienced designers.
3. Reviews and checks calculations, design models, drawings and design documents prepared by others in the group and by material suppliers, as assigned.
4. Prepares bulk material quantity takeoffs and material requisitions for materials applicable to the discipline.
5. Works with designers in other disciplines in the overall assignment to coordinate designs.
6. Answers questions from client or construction group on design for assigned responsibility.
7. Compiles, maintains and accesses job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as instructed.
8. Prepares design calculations used in the discipline.
9. Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
JOB KNOWLEDGE Sound knowledge of CAD design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, graphic arts, reading of drawings and reproduction methods used by the discipline.
Familiarity with relevant Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), design standards and guides, and Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs).
Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by other project groups.
Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline's design responsibilities.
Basic knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria, and codes relevant to the discipline.
Knowledge of mathematical formulae and design calculations used in the discipline.
General knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
Skill in leading the technical work of less experienced designers and/or drafters who share in the design effort.
Within one discipline plans and executes designs from basic data supplied. Prepares drawings and/or constructs detailed scale models showing complete engineered systems, structures and plant arrangements.
A. Supervision Received Receives operational supervision and technical direction from a supervising designer, senior designer, or designated supervisor.
B. Supervision Exercised May direct the work of drafters and less experienced designers, when assigned. C. Contacts Communicates with equipment suppliers or technical specialists to obtain technical information when authorized.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).