| Job Description: ||
• Master's degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering or its equivalent from an ABET accredited school
• 1 year of experience
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2000). Must be able to develop documents in MS Office
• Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) experience.
• Working knowledge of Synchro, AutoCAD & ArcGIS softwares
• Working knowledge of NYC CEQR process and MUTCD
• Must obtain negative result on drug screen performed in accordance with URS drug testing policy.
Do the best work of your life!
The Transportation Planning Department of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Traffic Engineer for immediate employment in the New York City office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Traffic Engineering, specific to Planning and Design. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including Planning Studies, data analysis and traffic signal analysis including micro-simulation.
• Position requires effective time-management, written communications skills, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Successful candidate will be articulate with professional presence, with solid decision-making, planning and organizational skills. Candidate must be able to assist in the preparation of written reports and presentations of project findings.
• This position will be a support member of the Transportation Planning Department in the NYC office in our growing planning practice. Candidate will assist project level staff in the performance of traffic engineering related infrastructure projects in the greatest transportation oriented city in the country. Assist in the development and analysis of traffic networks and perform capacity analysis on networks including micro-simulation.
• Perform traffic analysis on networks using transportation planning/engineering software (one or more of the following; Highway Capacity Software, Synchro/SimTraffic);
• Perform analytical tasks including GIS, CAD, traffic data collection and data base manipulation.
• This position will report to the Director of Transportation Planning.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.