| Job Description: ||
• Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
• Related two-year college degree may substitute for two years of the required experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a civil, structural, or any interdiscipline construction inspector
• Must have experience inspecting construction operations including: reinforced concrete structures including piles, footings, retaining walls and bridges, grading/earthwork, drainage pipe and inlets, subgrade and base material courses, asphalt concrete or PCC paving, utility relocation, general highway lighting and landscaping, electrical / mechanical systems, roofing systems, glazing, masonry, structural steel, building enclosures
• NICET Certification required or must obtain within 12 months of hire
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to use MS Word software to write inspection reports
• Ability to work independently or lead a team
• Ability to manage relationships with client, contractors, local inspectors & code officials, etc.
• Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
Must have basic knowledge of Construction safety
Must have basic knowledge of Quality control and quality assurance procedures
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends as required by project schedule
• Valid driver's license required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The Construction Services division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Field Inspector for immediate employment in the Akron, Ohio office.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Field Construction Inspection Services specific for Highways, Bridges, Buildings and/or Government Projects. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including various types of highways, bridges, railways, buildings, and water plants.
Work closely with Resident Engineer, Project Manager, and/or Lead Inspector and act independently or as part of a team in reviewing and advising on all aspects of construction inspection services, including safety input and oversight, constructability reviews, design input, scheduling/logistics input, and document interpretation. Administers and implements QA/QC programs for field or laboratory. On-site Field Inspector of various elements of construction involved with highways, bridges, and buildings.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.