| Job Description: ||
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• 10+ years experience in field construction supervision;
• Must have chemical, refinery, or power plant experience.
• Strong communication skills written and oral able to communicate well with the Site manager to keep them informed of the daily activities and any issues that may come up;
• Experience supervising all disciplines of union building trades craft on project sizes up to 500 craft in size;
• Knowledgeable in the areas of all disciplines of construction craft: electrical and instrumentation, boilermaker, pipefitter, rotating equipment, and civil structural;
• Has considerable knowledge/experience of the field construction process and related activities and requirements.
• Able to read and understand engineering construction drawings, specifications, and documents.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (word, excel,);
• Proficient in using Scheduling reports from Primavera and or Microsoft Project;
• Proficient estimating skills;
• Proficient in project controls processes and principles;
• Experience working with Building Trades Business Agents;
• Experience assigning jurisdictional lines with craft;
• Familiarity with national labor agreement GPPMA;
• Must obtain STS certification the first 6 months of employment;
• Demonstrate a record of safety commitment and a belief that ZERO injuries/incidents are achievable.
• Strong QA background to manage code work, welder certification management, weld rod control.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
URS Corporation is seeking a General Superintendent to be based in our Memphis, TN location.
• Under limited direction work under the supervision of a URS Project Manager.
• Able to assume role of Project Manager in their absence.
• Direct Reports include: Discipline Construction Superintendents, Area Coordinators, Field Engineers.
• Responsible for site implementation of Site Specific Safety Program.
• Ensures that the safety plan is incorporated into job plans.
• Fosters safety culture for "Zero Injury" Goal.
• Assures prompt action for safety concerns.
• Audit JPSA crew meetings.
• Execute all work in accordance with the site Quality Assurance Program.
• Assures required material & equipment inventories are maintained.
• Manages all field construction activities through direct report staff supervision.
• Schedule and maintain craft manpower levels.
• Establishes work priorities and 3 week look-ahead schedule.
• Assures Daily Work Reports and Timesheets are submitted on time and accurately.
• Enforce Job Rules and implement disciplinary actions as required.
• Assure all URS personnel maintain excellent Housekeeping in all areas.
• Incorporate "Best Practices" and "Lessons Learned" into the work planning and execution.
• Assists Site Manager in direction of URS Emergency Action Response Team.
• Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring, and motivation to support the development of the organization.
• Participate in new hire orientation processes.
• This position requires a large percentage of time in the field face to face monitoring the activities of the work force.
• Estimate work, support the scheduler to schedule work and assign logic to the schedule
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.