Show me jobs like this one
Earth Tech Inc.. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
Program: Iraq Financial Development Project
Position: Banking Studies Center Office Manager, Erbil
Long- or short-term: Long-term
Location: Erbil, Iraq
The USAID/Iraq Financial Development Project (FDP) will help Iraq’s financial sector meet three broad objectives: (i) expanding private-sector financial intermediation by enhancing the sector’s advocacy capacity; (ii) improving the soundness of the financial sector via institution building/strengthening and targeted reforms; and (iii) improving the quality and availability of finance and business education.
The Erbil Office Manager will take the lead in establishing a self-sustaining Banking Studies Center (BSC) to be based in Erbil, Iraq. S/he will establish final course offerings, initiate a plan for course certification and solicit agreement on offered curriculum from the BSC’s steering committee.
· Manage Banking Studies Center development efforts. This includes providing management and leadership to staff of the BSC unit currently working as part of the FDP and to part-time consultants and contractors such as Trainers etc., carrying out BSC support functions
· Develop plan to empower Iraqi staff to ultimately assume full responsibility for BSC unit
· Establish/manage/facilitate steering committee of stakeholders
· Develop implementation plan and obtain steering committee approval and stakeholder buy-in
· Recommend curriculum and achieve agreement from steering committee on proposed curriculum
· Develop curriculum
· Develop course materials
· Establish final course offering/materials based upon tests conducted with Iraqi bankers
· Supervise delivery of courses under the expense of the FDP, until such time as BSC is legally functioning or activities are terminated in agreement with USAID
· Perform any other function as requested by the FDP COP and/or Component 1 Director.
· Advanced degree in finance, business administration, or economics
· At least 10 years experience overseeing the development of banking studies centers, developing bank training curriculum or comparable level of technical experience
· Previous experience working in a hardship post
· Knowledge of Arabic is preferredWhat We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.