| Job Description: ||
Requisition ID: |
The Australia Pacific LNG (APLNG) Project is a coal seam gas (CSG) to liquefied natural gas (LNG) development project on Curtis Island, near Gladstone, Queensland. Gladstone is located approximately 450 kilometres north of Brisbane on the east coast of Australia. Australia Pacific LNG has Australia's largest CSG reserves position and is well placed to enable the creation of a world-class, long-term industry in Queensland, Australia. The Project consists of the development of the LNG plant which will have a processing capacity of up to 9 million tons per annum (Mtpa).
Bechtel is performing the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) on the project. The project is scheduled for completion in late 2016 with a workforce primarily on a camp status, fly-in/fly-out basis. The project will be performed using a Bechtel Direct Hire workforce with select subcontract support.
Unless otherwise indicated, applicants for construction positions should have heavy industrial (Direct Hire or Construction Management) construction experience commensurate with the type of work to be undertaken and the requirements identified below.
- Must be willing to work night shift (6:30pm to 4:30am).
- Responsible for jobsite operations including onsite activities of Bechtel, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned within area of responsibility
- Determines workforce requirements. Coordinates established area operational plans. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft. Monitors work activities and ensures the quality of work performed.
- Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Approves craft time records using established automated tools.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
- Monitors tool usage on the site. Prepares Field Material Requisitions for tools and consumables and ensures that the crafts have the tools they require to be productive.
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Responsible for the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas and clients' resident representatives, as instructed by construction management.
- Performs employee reviews and identifies training and development opportunities for staff within area of responsibility
- Ensures that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision making in the execution of duties
- Strong supervision experience including the ability to lead and manage change is desirable
- Displays effective communications skills crucial to motivating team members and presenting plans in a clear and concise manner
- Strong experience of liaising with and coordinating contractors
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Experienced at managing site safety and quality control
- Knowledge of engineering and construction methods and processes customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, construction or project management is desirable
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).