| Job Description: ||
• BS degree in Ecology, Biology, Wildlife Management, Forestry or similar discipline
• Minimum 3 years experience in wetland delineation, vegetation surveys, and environmental permitting in New Jersey
• Wetland delineator training/knowledge of NJ and Federal wetland delineation methodology
• Ability to independently manage complex assignments (wetland delineation, environmental permitting, ecological assessments)
• Experience with environmental oversight/inspection during construction
• Working knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Position requires direct client involvement, effective time-management, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Must be articulate with professional presence, with solid decision-making, planning and organizational skills
• Position may require occasional overnight travel and occasional 10-12 hour field/travel days
• Must be able to traverse uneven terrain and work in physically demanding field conditions for long periods of time
• Must successfully complete a medical examination designed to evaluate ability to: (1) perform physical requirements of work assignments (e.g., bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 30 lbs.), (2) work on hazardous waste sites as defined by OSHA Standard 29 CFR Part 1910.120
• Valid Driver's license
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Ecologist for immediate employment in the Clifton, NJ office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in ecology, specific to wetland delineation and environmental permitting. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including vegetation surveys and environmental permit compliance.
In this position, candidate will conduct vegetation surveys, wetland delineations, analyze data and information and write reports, prepare permit applications, and function as client liaison for permitting/environmental compliance and planning services. Position will consist of roughly 75% field work, 25% office/reporting. Field work will be focused in southern and central New Jersey.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Conduct monitoring of wetland mitigation sites to demonstrate compliance with permit conditions.
• Conducting and overseeing fieldwork activities associated with environmental assessments or permitting compliance such as wetland delineations and threatened/endangered species surveys.
• Preparation of environmental impact assessments/statements in accordance with applicable State and Federal regulations (NEPA, SEQRA, CEQRA, E.O. 215).
• Conducting analyses to evaluate the impacts for industrial, utility, commercial, institutional, and transportation activities.
• Prepare wetland mitigation plans, including hydrologic, vegetation and functional assessments to support the mitigation.
The candidate will work under the direction of project managers and will coordinate efforts with other team members. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.