| Job Description: ||
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Minimum 9 years of experience in pipeline design and construction projects in the midstream/pipeline industry.
• Experience in detailed design of pipeline, meter station design, compressor stations, pump stations, bid document preparations and FERC filing.
• Must have knowledge of codes and standards for liquid and/or gas pipelines including CFR 49, Part 192 & 195, ASME 31.3 & 31.8, NEC.
• Ability to interface effectively with clients.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The Process Engineering Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Pipeline Engineer - Staff for immediate employment in the Houston office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. Candidate will produce the engineering required for projects including; FERC and non-regulated pipelines, compressor stations, and pump stations.
Candidate job duties include:
• Pipeline route selection including: Route Analysis, Crossing selection and design, Alignment sheets creation, HDD Calculations and Design, class location documentation, hydraulic analysis and modeling.
• Pipe Specification development including: Evaluation to DOT 49CFR 192 and 195, and appropriate ANSI standards, pipe sizing, weld spec, hydraulic analysis, and coating specification.
• Creation of Hydro-Test plans, pipeline integrity test plans, equipment specification and selection.
• Creation of PFD - P&ID's for facilities or processes.
• Valves and equipment specification, tank and vessel specification and design, Pig Launcher/Receiver design and specification, pump, compressors and skid mounted systems specification, vendor qualification.
• Constructability review and management including understanding of construction requirements for HDD and other crossing types, skid placement, and required building and structures.
• Assistance with development and management of SPCC plans, permit checklists, Geotechnical Scopes of work, Construction Scopes of work, and environmental and other permitting requirements.
• Design of pump and compressor stations.
• Coordination and management of design documentation and procurement processes.
• Creation and management of cost estimates and pipeline project schedules.
• Significant client and sub-contractor interface during project life cycles.
• Management of Junior and Staff level engineering and design professionals.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.