Show me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
The Dairy Buyer/Specialist will perform all functions related to breaking down deliveries moving back stock to floor, and merchandising new products and stocking shelves. Purchases dairy and perishable products and participates in regional program for purchasing and promotions. Assist Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays; maintain back room, training of entry-level grocery clerks.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of Grocery Team member.
- Orders all dairy and perishable grocery products.
- Process invoices and returns.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Request and ensure proper signs for all sale items.
- Participates in regional promotional program.
- Controls spoilage; generate turn movements: and participates in monthly inventory.
- Build displays and request appropriate signage.
- Comply with all applicable Health and Safety Codes.
- Participate and motivate team growth.
- Successfully oversee opening and closing shifts while maintaining retail standards.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Clean as you work.
- Capable of receiving product. Recognition of inferior products and the ability to return with vendor/driver.
- Provide Outstanding Customer Service and accurately answer all customer questions.
- Immediately clean spills.
- Sweep floors before, during and after shift.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Minimum 1 year retail grocery experience or equivalent.
- Proficient in math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
- Excellent interpersonal and ability to train
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation of bailer (age requirements may apply), Dumpster, and forklift.
- Works well with other and participates as part of a team.
- Ability to work rotating shifts Monday through Sunday including some holidays.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.