Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
As a member of our Specialty Team, your role will include setting and maintaining attractive specialty displays and supporting the regional Specialty vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members. The Specialty departments at most of our stores include cheese, coffee, tea, beer, wine, housewares and other specialty foods and products.
• Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
• Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases, shelves, and displays clean and well stocked, while continuously checking and ensuring freshness and quality of products.
• Prepare food items: Cut, wrap, and price cheese and other products.
• Assist customers in selecting cheese, beer, wine, housewares, and other Specialty products.
• Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
• Follow department procedures to maintain supplies, backstock and coolers and to track product transfers and spoilage.
• Assist with sampling program by keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing and by sampling products directly to customers.
• Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
• Operate and sanitize all Specialty equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
• Knowledge of specialty products (coffee, tea, chocolate, beer, wine, housewares, and cheese) preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• Ability to sell proactively.
• Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
• Willingness to taste and evaluate all products offered in department.
• Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
• Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
• Effective time management skills.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer a competitive salary structure with opportunities for advancement and great benefits including a Pension Scheme, Paycare cash back health benefit and a 25% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Due to the amount of applications that we receive we are not able to respond everybody individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us within 14 days then on this occasion your application has not been successful.