Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
As the Bulk Foods Buyer of our Grocery team, your role will include ordering, replenishing, and merchandising bulk grocery products. You will have some discretion regarding quantity and product selection, and will be empowered to source some products from local vendors. Additionally you will work to maintain attractive Grocery displays and supporting the regional Grocery vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Order all bulk products, maintaining adequate back stock levels.
- Process invoices and returns.
- Maximize sales potential through effective and proper procedures for stocking product.
- Complete spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Request and ensure proper signage.
- Assist in training of new Team Members, utilizing all learning checklists and training materials.
- Keep Grocery department clean, sweep floors and maintain sweep logs.
- Help to achieve and exceed margin and sales targets.
- Control spoilage/shrink; achieve turn goals; participate in monthly inventory.
- Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Operates and sanitizes all Grocery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Answers department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a Grocery Team Member.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Minimum one year grocery experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of bulk products
- A desire to grow with the Grocery Team
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively and communicate effectively with customers
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner
- A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Use of box cutters.
- Use of electric pallet jacks or other heavy machinery.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.