| Job Description: ||
Report to Meat Team Leader and provide support, management and supervision of the Meat Department. Assist in Team Member hiring, development, and outplacement from Team. Like the Team Leader, is responsible for profitability, expense control, buying/merchandising, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned.
- Consistently communicate and model Whole Foods Market vision and goals.
- Assist in interviewing, selecting, training, developing and counseling Team Members in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover. Make hiring and termination decisions in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Recommend disciplinary action, transfers, promotions, rate increases and consult with Team Leader on Team Member job dialogues.
- Train Team Members in proper product handling and storage, stocking, ordering, equipment operation, building displays and product rotation.
- In the absence of the Team Leader, supervise, schedule and assign duties to the Team Members.
- Maintain safe and sanitary work conditions throughout department in compliance with applicable Health and Safety codes. Report all accidents and injuries, along with any other violations of company policy to Team Leader or Store Leadership.
- Follow and comply with all organic standards procedures as they relate to cutting, preparing, displaying and storing meat products.
- Help establish and maintain a positive work environment which sustains an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale.
- Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Meat retail experience required.
- Previous experience as an Associate Team Leader, Supervisor or Buyer.
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to all relevant Whole Foods Market policies, company mission and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and a desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)