| Job Description: ||
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to climb ladders, work at heights in outdoor climates year-round, lift and carry equipment weighing up to 75 lbs
• Aptitude for operation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment
• Ability to record test data neatly, accurately, and legibly
• Ability to maintain a valid driver's license and able to obtain medical clearance for DOT driving and for wearing a respirator
• Ability to work overtime, including weekends and some holidays, able to work irregular shifts according to needs of specific projects and clients
• Extensive (75%+) travel is required
• Must be able to conform to the URS Travel Policies, including ability to qualify for and hold an American Express corporate card in your name to charge travel expenses, which will then be reimbursed by the company
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The Measurements Department of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Measurements Technician for immediate employment in the Morrisville office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to develop and use technical skills specific to source emission testing.
URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including performance testing, combustion equipment tuning, compliance evaluations, and technology demonstration.
• With training provided by URS, work safely in industrial environments, recognizing risks and hazards, and understanding how to act to protect personnel and equipment from injury and damage
• Read and understand published test methods and standard operating procedures
• Execute valid scientific pollutant measurements from industrial smoke stacks and other stationary sources using EPA testing methods
• Produce accurate and complete documentation of tests conducted according to standard operating procedures
• Effectively work both independently and in a team environment, shows initiative in maintaining and repairing equipment, ordering and organizing supplies, and maintaining work areas
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs. URS has more than 50,000 employees in a network of offices in 34 countries.