| Job Description: ||
• Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil and / or Structural Engineering discipline or the sciences from a four year accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 7 years of professional civil / structural engineering experience.
• Must have experience preparing design modification packages and structural calculations for heavy industrial, preferably nuclear, structures for construction.
• Must be familiar with concrete (knowledge of ACI 349 code is highly desirable) and steel design codes.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance to access a nuclear power plant.
• Candidates must be US Citizens or permanent residents from eligible countries according to eCFR 810.
• PhD or Masters Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Professional Engineering License
• Experience in the use of ANSYS finite element analysis computer coder as applied to large civil structures. Concrete structures are typically shear wall and slab designs and use of plate type elements is required.
• Prior experience in preparing nuclear power plant analysis, design calculations and details for concrete and steel structures for nuclear plants including design of reinforced concrete slabs, structural steel frames.
• Familiar the nuclear regulatory and industry codes and guidelines
• Experience in preparing and / or checking seismic analysis work.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking a Civil / Structural Consulting Engineer I to be based in our Fort Mill, SC location.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you're equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It's why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Project Services - Our Project Services group partners with Energy & Construction operating groups to execute projects by providing top-caliber, professional personnel trained to deliver projects with efficiency and certainty; anticipating and responding to project needs; deploying-with market-driven agility-well-integrated processes, systems and tools designed to enhance project efficiency; maintaining a market-competitive cost structure; and seamlessly integrating functions into cohesive project teams. Our services include engineering, project controls, quality, procurement, construction and others.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE