| Job Description: ||
As the Beer Buyer/Specialist you will perform all functions related to breaking down deliveries, moving back stock to floor, stocking shelves, and maintaining back room. Order Beer, and participate in regional purchasing and promotion programs. Assist Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays. Train entry-level Team Members. Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Stock and clean Beer cases and shelves.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Sweep floors and maintain product throughout the department.
- Order all beer and related products.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Process product invoices and returns.
- Control shrink, and monitor inventory turns movement.
- Participate in monthly inventory.
- Comply with all applicable health and safety codes.
- Log customers' special orders.
- Retrieve special orders for customers by request, and offer service out to car.
- Respond to all Specialty pages quickly and efficiently.
- Build displays and request appropriate signage.
- Attend all team and store meetings.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of Beer production and taste.
- Knowledge of Cheese and specialty products in cutting, production, and taste.
- Proficient in math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proper use of box cutter and other opening devices.
- Proper use of baler (age restrictions may apply), and all other equipment used during food preparation and clean up.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the store, including nights and weekends as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)