| Job Description: ||
Your role will require you to have extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of the skin care industry, both conventional as well as holistic. This position will provide support for store level training, staff development, sales growth, and development of new body care programs and standards.
- Work with Team Leader to develop sales programs, treatment programs and standards for body care department.
- Provide body care treatments as appropriate.
- Provide excellent guest service.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve in a variety of situations.
- Schedule and meet store level commitments.
- Provide training and education for Whole Body Team Members.
- Manage body care training goals and objectives.
- Review weekly sales and labor reports - determine and create action plans as needed.
- Support store implementation of regional programs.
- Monitor and maintain department quality standards.
- Track trends and activities in the retail industry - escalate hot items to Team for review/purchase.
- Maintain and foster communication with Regional Whole Body Team, stores, vendors and Regional Leadership.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Must be a licensed cosmetologist/aesthetician. Must meet all state requirements.
- At least 3 - 5 years as a practicing licensed aesthetician.
- Knowledge of DSHEA ACT preferred (US and Canada locations), knowledge of regulations regarding complementary medicine (UK locations).
- Industry appropriate professional style/appearance.
- Experience maintaining a treatment/work environment.
- Strong demonstrated guest service experience.
- Familiar with natural body care products.
- Demonstrated sales experience in a retail, studio or spa environment.
- Enthusiastic about working collaboratively within an evolving business environment.
- 3-5 years experience as a successful retail manager/team leader or industry equivalent.
- Outstanding Communication Skills.
- Detail focus with exceptional follow through.
- Ability to multi-task, meet ongoing deadlines, and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated expert merchandising skills.
- An understanding of margin management and marketing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Conceptual understanding of current industry trends and innovations.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.