Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Whole Foods. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
The Prepared Foods Kitchen Supervisor works closely with the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader to ensure smooth operation of the Prepared Foods Kitchen. You will assume primary responsibility for the kitchen food production, quality and consistency. You will assist the Team Leader with the supervision and training of Kitchen Team Members. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Assume primary responsibility for Kitchen food production according to recipes.
- Guides Chef/Cook in preparation of daily prep lists and job assignments. Ensure Chef/Cook are following up to date and accurate recipes.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to Prepared Foods Kitchen Team Members.
- Communicates any departmental concerns to the Team Leader and/or Associate Team Leader.
- Maintains consistency in food quality standards; provides or follows complete recipes for all products produced in the Kitchen.
- Ensure department orders for supplies and products are timely and accurate.
- Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage, using appropriate forms.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
- Ensure the quality, palatability and presentation of all in-house production.
- Perform Team Member duties as required to run the department
- Be aware of new products and recipes that become available.
- Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- Have a good understanding of department financials and labor budgets.
- Assist Team Leader with inventory, margin analysis and cost control.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Love and knowledge of natural foods.
- Must have a current Serv-Safe certificate.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions: