| Job Description: ||
North Atlantic Distribution Center - Cheshire, Connecticut|
Position: Facility Systems Integrator is the primary IT team member responsible for typical helpdesk functions and routine computer related tasks. The position will have a staggered shift start time (typically between 9am - 11am), will work to completion, and have a 5-day workweek including holidays and occasional weekends. Schedules are subject to change.
- Help support Distribution Center users with PeopleSoft, Orderlink, Warehouse Management Systems.
- Act as the facility “help-desk” and liaison to the Global Help Desk.
- Maintain and modify MS Access programs.
- Purchase and maintain computer equipment, cell phones, and other equipment as required, as well as service records and warranties
- Run Reports on the weekly or daily basis.
- Setup Windows and EXE users; determine security levels for users and execute user audits.
- Manage local PC network, Printer, Forklift Computer Units, Handheld scanners, Voice units etc.
- Regular PC Maintenance including virus updates and software upgrades.
- Work with Inventory Systems Team to coordinate testing of patches and fixes to PeopleSoft and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Manage and maintain system equipment such as label printers and order equipment supplies.
- Train new and current Team Members on phone usage, Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word), PeopleSoft, and Warehouse Management Systems (ex. EXE, Voxware and InfoLink)
- Maintain appropriate backup library on all local DC systems.
- Communicates on equipment operation, project status, damage/repair reporting on a continual basis
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside contractors/vendors
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Ability and desire to learn new systems and technology.
- Working understanding of Windows OS, Windows CE, and IOS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Telnet, and Web Applications (ex. HTML, scripting, etc.).
- Trouble shoot log-in problems and network problems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol and networking principles.
- Experience working with printers, experience preferable working with warehousing specific equipment such as selection and receiving label printers and mobile devices.
- Excellent all-around computer skills and experience working with character based emulators such as Tiny Term, Putty.
- Good understanding of warehousing principles and practices.
- Excellent deductive reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to properly sequence work based on urgency and impact on the operation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills including 100% follow through without losing detail; process oriented
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language and understand complex written and oral instructions and manuals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the Distribution Center, including nights, weekends and holidays as required. Be available for overtime and emergencies as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.