| Job Description: ||
The Overnight Grocery Team Member works as part of the Grocery Team to ensure smooth operation of the Grocery Department. Assists the Team Leader with personnel issues and with supervising Grocery Team Members. Maintains a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service. Supports the Team Leader and Regional Coordinator in maintaining regional standards.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Grocery Team Member.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to Grocery Team Members.
- Ensures all closing tasks have been completed and department is ready to open in the morning.
- Communicates departmental concerns to Team Leader or Associate Team Leader.
- Supports Associate Team Leader in training Grocery Team New Members.
- Determines break schedule and ensures all necessary breaks are given.
- Responsible for answering questions and solving problems in the absence of the Grocery Team Leader or Associate Team Leader.
- Monitors and maintains sanitation and cleaning checklists.
- Builds displays and requests appropriate signage.
- Helps Associate Team Leader handle customer special orders.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Have a minimum of one year retail grocery experience or the equivalent.
- Demonstrates ability to direct and supervise efforts of a team.
- Ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to help train Grocery Team Members.
- Ability to understand and complete departmental transfers.
- Knowledgeably communicate the product line to the customer.
- Should have knowledge of or ability to learn word processing, spreadsheet, and order processing software.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads. Push and pull carts.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)