| Job Description: ||
Director of Sustainability
Finance and Operations (400)
Administrative Exempt Positions
Provide leadership and direction for sustainability programs at WPI; guide and oversee the implementation of the Plan for Sustainability at WPI, coordinating efforts across administrative, academic, and facilities areas, to reach sustainability goals. Provide expertise and position WPI as a leader in sustainability efforts on campus, in the Worcester community, and globally.
Criminal Background check statement
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duty and Responsibility
- Promote consensus around the WPI Vision for Sustainability, implement a strategy to achieve that vision, develop partnerships, and foster collaboration around sustainability goals.
- Provide guidance and education for the community to engage in the transition toward a more sustainable campus.
- Oversee and coordinate development and implementation of policy and procedures that incorporate sustainability principles to attain WPI sustainability goals. Track and publicize progress toward goals.
- Actively seek major external support for sustainability activities. Ensure the financial viability of all sustainability activities through the development and monitoring of operating and capital budgets, and assist in identifying cost savings for the institution.
- Oversee the tracking of WPI’s energy and other resource use, as well as other sustainability-related activities such as greenhouse gas production. Produce a comprehensive Annual Report on these and other sustainability activities – both operational and academic.
- Work with the appropriate departments in Academic Affairs and with faculty governance to support the incorporation of sustainability into the WPI academic programs, project centers, and research programs.
- Identify opportunities to relate the operational aspects of sustainability to academic and research programs.
- Work with the WPI Task Force on Sustainability to guide and support the sustainability efforts on campus. Participate on various campus committees/consortia to help increase awareness both internally and externally.
- Support the implementation of operational projects and practices that reduce waste and resource usage, and increase energy efficiency.
- Initiate and manage a revolving fund for investment in operational sustainability projects.
- Establish and incorporate sustainability concepts within operational policies and practices. Develop and implement guidelines for vendors and products with respect to sustainability.
- Engage with all segments of the community regarding their concerns, issues, and recommendations
- Initiate and monitor professional development programs for faculty and staff
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or higher degree preferred. Preference is given to degrees in areas relevant to sustainability.
- A minimum of 5 years administrative experience in a relevant environment at a mid to upper level is required. Academic and/or teaching experience is preferred.
- Management experience, excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships are required.
To apply, please visit: http://careers.wpi.edu/postings/744
To enrich education through diversity, WPI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
A Member of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency