| Job Description: ||
Your role as Produce Buyer/Specialist will purchase all produce products and support the regional Produce vision. Additionally, you will perform all functions related to breaking down deliveries, moving back stock to floor and merchandising new products and stocking shelves. You will work closely with the Produce Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays, maintaining back room and training of entry-level Produce Team Members. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, fresh product.
- Assume primary responsibility for ordering department specific products.
- Work with teams to create displays and work with TL/ATL/Coordinator on ideas for displays, signage and driving sales.
- Seek out new and exciting Produce-related products and create and negotiate price bids.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution.
- Maintaining a clean, well-stocked and well-merchandised department including proper signage.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Maintain accurate purchase journals and process invoices and credits.
- Control spoilage, achieve margin goals, and support the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader in conducting inventories.
- Support goals and visions of the Team and Store as well as any Regional and Global programs and policies.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Working knowledge of buying, pricing systems and other applicable programs for purchasing.
- Minimum of one year of experience in produce or grocery retail.
- Analytical ability and proficiency in margin calculations and inventory management.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers, vendors and team members.
- Strong demonstrated merchandising skills and department product knowledge.
- Proactive in all aspects of the job.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)